Sejmik of the Pomorskie Voivodeship
Established in 1998.Currently the Fifth Regional Assembly term continues in the years 2014-2018.
Sejmik consists of 33 councillors, elected in Pomorskie voivodeship in direct elections for a 4-year term. The seat of the sejmik is Gdansk. The current chairperson of the sejmik is Jan Kleinszmidt and the Marshal of the Pomorskie Voivodeship is Mieczyław Struk.
The competence of the Sejmik of the Pomorskie Voivodeship
(under the Act of June 5, 1998 on regional self-government)
1. drafting of local law, in particular:
- of the Statute of the region,
- on the principles of provincial property management,
- about the rules and procedures for the use of provincial buildings and public facilities,
- by adopting the strategy of development of the region and long-term regional programs,
2. adopting the land-use planning
3. passing the resolution on the procedure of drafting the budget resolution,
4. passing the resolution on the detail of the executive budget of the region,
5. passing the budget of the voivodeship,
6. determining the principles of granting economic subsidies from the budget of the region,
7. processing of reports on the implementation of the budget of the region, financial statements of the region, and reports on the implementation of long-term programs of the region,
8. passing a resolution on granting or not granting discharge to the Board of the Pomorskie voivodeship due to implementation of the budget of the region,
9. adoption of legislation on local taxes and fees,
10. adoption of resolutions on the regional self-government delegation on other local government units ,
11. The adoption of the Priorities of international cooperation of the region,
12. adoption of resolutions on participation in international regional associations and other forms of regional cooperation,
13. electing and dismissing the Board of the Pomorskie Voivodeship,
14. consideration of reports of the Board of the Pomorskie Voivodeship,
15. appointing and dismissing the treasurer of the region,
16. adoption of resolutions on the formation of unions, associations, foundations and their termination, as well as member access to them or the resignation of them,
17. adoption of resolutions on matters relating to the property of the voivodeship:
- on the principles of purchasing, selling and encumbering real estate and leasing them or renting for a period longer than three years,
- by issuing bonds and determine the rules of their sale, purchase and redemption,
- about incurring long-term borrowings,
- for determining the maximum amount of loans and short term loans contracted by the regional board and the maximum amount of loans and guarantees granted by the regional board,
- on the establishment of commercial companies and access to them, and to define the rules for contributions, as well as embracing, acquisition and disposal of shares.
18. adoption of resolutions on other matters reserved by laws and statutes of the voivodeship to the competence of the Pomorskie regional assembly,
19. adopting rules on the internal organization and operation of bodies of the regional self-government.